25. In 1991, Reba McEntire played madam Burgundy Jones in the TV movie The Gambler Returns: Luck of the Draw, co-starring Kenny Rogers.
24. McEntire was chosen by Titanic director James Cameron to play the “Unsinkable” Molly Brown in the 1997 film, but she had to decline because of her tour schedule. The role went to Kathy Bates instead.
23. In January 2012, McEntire was forced to deny a report that she had died after falling of a mountain in Austria while shooting a movie. She was watching her son Shelby, who was racing that day.
22. McEntire is the only country female solo act to have a No. 1 hit in four straight decades: the 1980s, ’90s, ’00s and ’10s.
21. Before she signed with the new Nash Icon label in October 2014, McEntire thought her career was over; her then-husband, Narvel Blackstock, was the one to convince her otherwise.