Maryland homeowners burn down house in attempt to smoke out snake infestation

Twitter: Pete Piringer
Twitter: Pete Piringer

Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service Pete Piringer shared a few photos of a home that was accidentally caught on fire after a woman tried to get rid of a snake infestation.

Pete said the incident took place in Montgomery County, Maryland on Big Woods Road near Poolesville. The homeowner was allegedly trying to use hot coals to smoke out the infestation of snakes that had taken up the home as their own residence.

The hot coals reportedly got too close to some flammable materials and within seconds, the home was going up in flames. The fire department was called around 10pm and 75 firefighters responded, showing up on the scene.

Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse